Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Allergies?

You know it's a super-slow run when it takes 35 minutes to run three miles, whereas last week racing I ran almost four miles in less than that time. I ran today in the first time since Tuesday (and Tuesday was the first time after the race). I had been lying low for the past week because of the cold/cough thing going on since I wanted to get better. And most of last week it was cloudy/rainy when I would be running after work. But I must say, that even though this run was slow, the run on Tuesday was the 'painful one'. You know, the one that is still working the kinks out of the muscles after racing hard etc. So even though this one was slower, I knew my legs and lungs would support me - I just have to get back into the groove of running.

The cough thing: I went to the doctor today and she thinks it is just allergies. I have never been allergic to anything plantlike before. Plus, I've already been up here for a year and a half and last year I didn't have a problem. The runny nose - yes maybe that is allergies or at least some form of it. The 15-minute cough sessions that cause my whole body to shake and pull my stomach through my esophagus? I don't think that's allergies.


No comments:

Post a Comment