Friday, December 24, 2010

Revelation song and Christmas Eve with Dad

For the past few weeks in church, we have been singing a song called Revelation Song. Every time I sing it, the words are so powerful it brings tears to my eyes. Not just any tears. Tears stream down my cheeks as I am in full worship of my savior. This song has impacted me in the deepest parts of my heart and is really doing a number of good things on parts of my soul that need refinishing. Here are the words:
Worthy is the, Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Sing a new song, to him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat
[2X]

Chorus:
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore You

Clothed in rainbows, of living color
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be
to You the only wise King

Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder
At the mention of your name
Jesus your name is power
Breath, and living water
Such a marvelous mystery
Yeah...

More lyrics: http://www.lyricsmania.com/revelation_song_lyrics_kari_jobe.html
All about Kari Jobe: http://www.musictory.com/music/Kari+Jobe

Today I went to work today and brought swedish meatballs. Apparantly they were very popular because not everyone got some and they were gone in a heartbeat. (don't tell anyone but I just went to the store and bought turkey gravy and frozen meatballs and put them in a crockpot on high for a couple of hours. I had woken up with a really big headache and I took some ibprofen around 12:30 but got dismissed from work around two pm because the medicine wasn't really working and it was making me sick to my stomach. Plus the heat and glare from the sun up at cashwrap was making my eyes hurt more. So mom and Erin came and picked me up and drove my car home for me so I didn't have to drive.

I took a nap and bridget woke me up by calling me to tell me that they (Erin, Dad, Grammie, Bridget and Sam) were opening presents. So I got my things together and went up and spent some time opening gifts from Dad and Grammie and Sam. We enjoyed stuffed shells and garlic bread and salad for dinner. Dessert was traditional: a Friendly's Ice Cream Roll...Delicious!

Christmas is tomorrow and I hope that even after all the gifts and fun things we will be doing and after the time being spent with family is over, that each of us can take some time to remember what Christmas is really all about: the birth of Jesus Christ and the love that came down from God to love us, save us, and give us redemption from our sins. It is a special time of the year, this holiday before the first of the new year.  Let's try to remember it for what it is really worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment