Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Greek Lamb Chops

Tonight I made the most delicious, juicy, tender lamb steak I have ever eaten. I bought the steak on my most recent grocery trip and it was a reduced-price bin find. I made it and was intent on saving half for lunch tomorrow but it was so delicious that I ate it all up. Not until I was practically scraping my plate did I think that this would taste even better with a glass of that sweet red wine I have in the fridge.

All I had was the steak and wine. And I am satisfied.

Here is the recipe (taken from the Betty Crocker Cookbook p. 304):
Ingredients:
4 lamb shoulder, arm or loin chops about 6 oz each
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/4 tsp salt and pepper each
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup sliced pitted Kalamata or ripe olives
1 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese.

***Please note that I didn't follow the recommended measurements because I was only cooking for one.***

1. Sprinkle both sides of lamb with oregano, salt and pepper. Press garlic into lamb.
2. In a 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook in oil 4-6 minutes, turning once until brown.
3. Add broth to skillet, reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 8-10 minutes (I did about 6 minutes), turning once, until lamb is tender. Remove lamb from skillet & keep warm.
4. Heat broth in skillets to boiling. Boil 1-2 minutes or until slightly reduced. Stir in lemon juice and butter. Cook and stir until slightly thickened. Stir in olives & parsley. Spoon sauce over lamb. Top with cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment