Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Strep Throat

So for the past two weeks I've had this really sore throat - but it isn't the throat part, but the part where you swallow-  like where your tonsils are. At first I thought that it was allergies because of either a. the break up that's happening right now or b. because I've been letting Chip sleep on the bed with me while Andrew is gone. But it's been TWO weeks. I kicked Chip out a week ago.

So where does this leave me? I went to the ER last night (was in and out in an hour and a half - quickest hospital visit ever...)and they did a Strep culture but it came back negative and sent me home with MASSIVE pills of ibuprofen and told to saltwater gurgle.

So I'm sleeping last night and I woke up pretty much every two hours not being able to swallow and having to drink water to moisten everything up, but then swallowing hurt my ears so I would plug my ears to swallow....really complicated and horrible sleep ensued.

So this morning I woke up and called out of work and got an appointment with my PCP. Even though she said the strep test came out negative last night, I definitely have swollen tonsils and I have white spots developing on them. So I have Sudafed for congestion and a Z-pack for the strep. It should be gone in five days.

I am feeling better already I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment