Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Reflection Questions

So I decided to copy this from my sister in law Krista, as she posted this little questionnaire on her blog and ever since reading it, I've been thinking about some of the questions! So here is my version!


1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?I got married. Moved well across the United States. Got to watch the Official start of the Iditarod Sleddog race! Ordered a dress for a wedding 7 weeks before it was to take place and almost panicked when it came in and got altered three days before I left. Found a new job that I absolutely LOVE! Experienced a car accident. Said goodbye to a dear friend.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I honestly can't remember if I made any resolutions last year. If I did, it was probably something wedding-related. For this year, I have a couple of goals I would like to accomplish.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth or get pregnant?
A friend from college gave birth this year. And a couple of women from Hospitality House either gave birth or just found out they are expecting! (Yay Bonnie!)
4. Did anyone close to you get married?
This has been the year for weddings! My two best friends got married this year: Kelly & Frank in February (about 3 weeks before ours); Jaadin & Jeff got married in May (see dress story in number 1). Then Andrew's older sister Krista Married her love Tyson (also in May) and our best man/Andrew's best friend tied the knot in June. Finally, my baby sister Bridget and her husband Matt married at the end of October.
5. Did anyone close to you die?
No, but Grampa had signs of a stroke.
6. Travel?
We've done a TON of travel this year! Andrew traveled back to MA from AK for us to get married, we honeymooned in Martha's Vineyard, I moved to Anchorage AK, Andrew flew back to MA three times (once with me in October) and I flew to Western New York for Jaadin's Wedding. We've also done a little bit of traveling in and around the Anchorage Area, going to Seward, Whittier, Wasilla, Willow and Palmer.
7. Did you move anywhere?
Yes. To Anchorage AK
8. What was the best month?
I want to say the end of February, because that's when we got married, and the beginning of March because I got to see the official start of the Iditarod Race (I've always wanted to!) But then again, July was pretty good because my mom came to visit. Or September when my dad was here. Or December because I got to spend some quality time with wonderful ladies.
9. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?More motivation in making our lives fuller, more meaningful.
10. What date(s) from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 5th (Kelly & Frank), February 27th (me and Andrew), May 14th (Jaadin & Jeff), Veteran's day (car accident), December 30th (a favorite family drove away in the newest part of their journey).
11. What was your biggest achievement of the year?Getting married...but that shouldn't be something you conquer like some achievements are. Getting connected to some wonderful friends. Finally getting out of B&N. 
12. What was your biggest failure?
Struggling to adjust to a lot of major changes in life happening all at once. 
13. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Most recently, I've had to go to the ER for abdominal cramping/pain and a horrible virus that mimicked food poisoning.

14. What was the best thing you bought?

Table-Top Ping Pong Set (I got it for Andrew for Christmas and I think I've been more excited for it!). Or cat, Chip.
15. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Mom's. She has been so strong and has become such a wonderful leader of herself and in her jobs. She's taken a lot of big steps in getting her personal life healed in recent years and I'm proud of her.
16. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
Moving on.
17. Where did most of your money go?
A wedding, Plane tickets, buying furniture (thanks to the wedding money we received), student loans and buying a new car.
18. What did you get really, really, really excited about?Having the opportunity to visit with family so many times - both them coming here and us being able to go there. 
19. What song will always remind you of 2011?
I'm not sure.
20. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier!
ii. thinner or fatter? a little heavier, but I accredit it to more muscle definition.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer in life. 
21. What do you wish you’d done more of?
More time outside, enjoying the sunshine (especially in the summer here), more quality moments with friends, more reading, more finishing projects I've started.
22. What do you wish you’d done less of?I wish I’d worried less.
23. How did you spend New Year’s Eve/Day?We went to the movies with friends, picked up a friend from the airport and drove/followed her home, made it to a party just in time for the countdown and to win two giftcards!
24. What was an unexpected surprise?
I'm not sure we had any.
25. Did you fall in love in 2011?
yes. 
26. What was the best concert you’ve been to this year?I haven't gone to one in a couple years, but probably the comedian who came to Changepoint this summer. We brought my mom.
27. What was your favorite TV program?We’ve gotten hooked on The Big Bang Theory, Fringe, Friday Night Lights and most recently for me: Terra Nova.
28. Do you dislike anyone now that you didn’t dislike this time last year?
No one comes to mind.
29. What was the best book you read?
There have been a couple of good ones: Kisses from Katie (makes me miss Africa), Sacred Marriage by Gary Chapman, Cold Hands Warm Heart by Jeff King.
30. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I've been listening a lot to KLOVE and I like most of the artists there.
31. What did you want and get?
Marry Andrew - and I did that.
32. What did you want and not get?
I’m pretty contented over all. :)
33. What was your favorite film of this year?I really enjoyed Hanna. 
34. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
We went to Seward for the night. It was wonderful. We went to the Discovery center/Aquarium there, went to Exit Glacier and walked around, ate at a really bad restaurant, then a really good one and stayed in this cute bugalow. I turned 24.
35. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not having to be so darn busy when on trips home.
36. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
A little classier. I bought a bunch of new clothes back in june-ish and got rid  of/donated a lot of my old baggy tee-shirts etc and bought things that I can wear with jeans or dress pants.
37. What kept you sane?Andrew. Chip. Family.
38. What political issue stirred you the most?I'm not into politics.
39. Who did you miss?
Various family and friends.
40. Who was the best new person you met?
Amy Sawtelle & family. She has been the answer to my prayers even before I came here.
41. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011:Don't fight Change. It's going to happen anyway.
42. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: Beautiful Things by Grangor.
All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make me new, You are making me new

No comments:

Post a Comment