Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Yoga anyone?

I've decided to get into the practice of yoga. I went about a month ago to a class at the gym and really enjoyed it. Since I work until 6 every night, I'm not able to go during the week, but one of my girlfriends has been doing Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown Level 1 and I decided to try it out. I've been doing it for about a half week now (and on my awesome new blue flower yoga mat Andrew bought for me!) and I am definitely feeling a difference! I've been doing it in the mornings before work which is working out pretty good so far. We will see what happens next week as we drop down to one car again :(.

I never thought this would happen, but I am already feeling the effects from a couple of days. Yes, most parts of my body are sore, but I can already see I've gained flexibility and I feel looser - not so tight and wound up!

I haven't done a lot of running at all, even though I should be. For right now, I would like to continue in this yoga mindset and get a little bit stronger, and then in February or March I plan on starting some training for the Twilight 12k/Skini Mini 6k. We shall see where that takes me.


1 comment:

  1. Good for you! I've been trying to keep up on pilates/yoga at home with DVDs for the last weeks until I can get to another class. I'll definitely have to check out Jillian Michael's routine! I love how much more flexible I am when I keep at it (I can touch my toes!) and I'm hoping it helps me de-stress better. :)

    ReplyDelete