Friday, February 3, 2012

Bucket List

Do you have one? I have never watched the movie, but I get the idea. You have a list of things you would like to accomplish/see/do in your lifetime. Someone mentioned this to me the other day and I thought 'I don't have one...anymore'. I used to have this list of things I wanted to do (before the movie ever came out) and I have accomplished them. I had, at one point in my life, a SCUBA certification. I went on a Brio/Focus-on-the-family-sponsored mission trip. I spend three months living in Eastern Africa. I went to a small Christian School. I got a degree in Biology. I lived with my maternal grandparents for a year. I worked as a counselor at a summer camp (for three years while in college). I got married to a wonderful man and love him more everyday.

But what about now? Sure, I have goals for the year (see my 2012 resolutions post), but in terms of my life? From now until whenever? I'm not sure.

This has got me thinking...what are some of the things I have had in mind to do...eventually? Here are some of the things that have been rolling around in my head (and I plan on adding more/crossing them off as they happen with dates etc):
1. Visit the Redwood trees
2. Sleep in a tree house (they have them near Seattle Washington)
3. Live in Oregon
4. Visit India, Iceland, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Greece, Japan, Sweden
5. Ride in a Hot Air Balloon
6. Meet/talk with President Obama & First Lady Michelle Obama 
7. Collect all of my favorite Disney/other childhood movies

Alaska Bucket List:
1. Take a picture at the Arctic Circle
2. Relax in Chena Hot Springs
3. Camp/hike in Denali National Park
4. Spend a weekend in Homer
5. Talk/meet with Sarah Palin
6. Participate in the Fur Rondy outhouse Race
7. Hike Mt. Baldy & Crow's Pass
8. Go on a 26-Glacier Cruise out of Whittier
9. Ride the railroad
10. Participate in a higher than 5-k race during the Big Wild Life runs in the summer
11. Go to Fairbanks during the Ice Festival & view the Aurora Borealis
12.Go to an Alaska Aces game
13. Go to the Summer Baseball Games - Check! June 23rd 2012 Glacier Pilots vs. Chugiak Chinooks!
14. Eat more sushi.
15. Check out all the neat restaurants around Anchorage before we leave.






No comments:

Post a Comment