Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A little [somewhat vague] update.

Okay, here it goes. Remember a few weeks ago I wrote about how much of a slump I was in? Well, I self-referred myself to a counseling center downtown. So far I've had an initial appointment and one regular appointment, with the second coming tomorrow evening. Without going into much detail (since, after all, it is confidential and I think I'd technically have to sign a release-of-information form to each one of you if I were to tell you what happens within the center), I will tell you that I can only handle up to a 3 on the 1-10 stress scale. Let me correct that: anything from a 1-2.9 I can handle with a small amount of frustration. 2.91-borderline 3 and above gets worse. And I mean bad.

So, to help me out, I had to come up with a list of things to do (ie. getting a hobby). I'm already almost finished with one! My list is long-ish but I'm not doing all at once.

Make a pillow  Finished! Sunday Nov. 25th 2012
Paint/design the headboard in the guest room
Join a Bible study (did that - Thursday nights from 6:30-8 down on Kinrod street and starts on Sept 20th)
Exercise - I've already gone twice in a week, which is my starting goal. But I am going to try to go pretty much every day this week.
Do a couple of projects I've pinned from Pinterest.

That's all I've got so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment