Sunday, July 3, 2011

You make beautiful things out of dust; out of us...

I found out today that the Cadence couple serving Alaska, more specifically the Hospitality House on JBER, will be moving to Denver Colorado to Cadence headquarters to take a year of renewal, restoration and growth before moving on to their next ministry. I have come to like this couple. I love meeting at their house for potlucks and Bible studies. Wes is so great at approaching the passages with a different perspective and really getting me to think. Even though I don't know Elaine as well, she is a marvelous cook and baker and does offer encouragement when needed. I did enjoy walking with her and baby Ada one day a couple of weeks ago.

I've been thinking about it all day. All throughout work. I keep thinking, 'They are leaving... But I just got here!'

Angie and her family are PCSing in January of 2012, The Sawtelle's in November I believe. So many people have already left in the four months I have been here, and yet so many more have come into the group.

Is this what my life will be for the next three years? Lots of saying hello only to turn around and say goodbye?      Above all else, my mom best knows that I don't like change. I don't ask [God] for patience because I don't like being tested in that area. The thought came to me: maybe these three years are all about learning to go-with-the-flow and adapt and grow and learn from change - especially since it will be happening all the time.

But that doesn't mean I have to like it.

So I turned on the radio in the car, and this was the song that was playing:
Beautiful Things by Gungor
All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make me new, You are making me new



And I cried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment